DEFINITION: “client” means any person for whom a project is carried out.
COMMERCIAL CLIENT DUTIES IN RELATION TO MANAGING PROJECTS:
- A client must make suitable arrangements for managing a project, including the allocation of sufficient time and other resources
- Arrangements are suitable if they ensure that:
- The construction work can be carried out, so far as is reasonably practicable, without risks to the health or safety of any person affected by the project
- The facilities required by Schedule 2 of the CDM Regulations 2015 are provided in respect of any person carrying out construction work
- A client must ensure that these arrangements are maintained and reviewed throughout the project
- A client must provide pre-construction information as soon as is practicable to every designer and contractor appointed, or being considered for appointment, to the project
- A client must ensure that:
- before the construction phase begins, a construction phase plan is drawn up by the contractor if there is only one contractor, or by the principal contractor
- the principal designer prepares a health and safety file for the project
- A client must take reasonable steps to ensure that:
- the principal designer complies with any other principal designer duties
- the principal contractor complies with any other principal contractor duties
NOTE: FOR DOMESTIC CLIENTS, THESE DUTIES AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFER TO THE PRINCIPAL CONTRACTOR / CONTRACTOR OR IF THERE IS A WRITTEN AGREEMENT, THE PRINCIPAL DESIGNER.
There are no products to list in this category.